Forentumwas the Roman name of Lavello. It is the same classical authors Horace and Pliny who identify Lavello with the ancient Forentum. They are wines obtained from Aglianicograpes and represent the quality and typicality of the territory very well.
This wine wants to be a gift to the fertility of our lands. Obtained from the grapes of the native Aglianico del Vulture vine, Forentum expresses the strength of our vineyards located on the slopes of the “Monte Vulture” volcanoin the territory of Lavello, the “city of wine” and fertile agricultural town of Basilicata.
- Type of wine: Aglianico del Vulture Superiore D.O.C.G.
- Vines: Aglianico del Vulture 100%
- Exposure and elevation: East-West – 450m a.s.l.
- Soil type: Volcanic, rich in magnesium and potassium
- Training system: Guyot
- Surface of the vineyard: 3 Ha
- Vines density: 5200 plants / ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 40 q.li
- Harvest period: Last week of October, beginning of November
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
The vinificationof ForentumAglianico del Vulture Superiore D.O.C.G. takes place through pressing and destemming with a small destemmer and fermentation on the skins for about 18 days in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (26 ° C).
Aging 12 months in small wooden vats of about 30 hl. Bottling and subsequent aging for 12 months in the bottle.
The organoleptic examination presents a lively garnet red color with intense violet reflections, a complex, ample and enveloping bouquet with spicy notes of vanilla, licorice and tobacco, in the mouth extremely balanced in the tannic structure, it is
soft, warm, velvety and persistent on the palate
To be combined with first courses and meat-based sauces and aged cheeses. Ideal with roast lamb. The serving temperature of Forentum DOCG is 16-18 ° C.
- Color: Lively garnet red with intense violet reflections.
- Pairings: First courses with meat-based sauces, red meats and aged cheeses.
- Taste: Extremely balanced in the tannic structure, it is soft, warm, velvety and persistent on the palate.
- Aroma: Complex, broad and enveloping on the nose with spicy notes of vanilla, licorice and sweet tobacco in perfect harmony with notes of wild berry jam.