Linking a wine to a vineyard is very important because it will represent that special part of the territory where the grapes were produced. Collectible vineyards was born with six different vineyards, and as many wines with great personality. Finocchiaro, Basilicata Rosso with Aglianico Syrah and Merlot grapes, with an intense red color, with hints of red berry fruit and a strong and velvety taste
The name “Finocchiaro” originates from the vineyard of the same name from which this wine is produced, located in the municipality of Lavello, in the Monte Vulture area.
- Type of wine: Rosso IGT Basilicata.
- Vines: Aglianico del Vulture 50% – Syrah 40% – Merlot 10%
- Exposure and altitude: South-East – 350m a.s.l.
- Soil type: The soil is of medium texture, tending to calcareous, rich in iron and calcium.
- Training system: Guyot
- Surface of the vineyard: 7 Ha
- Vines density: 5600 plants/ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 90 q.li
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 13,5%
- Service temperature: 16-18°C
- Harvest period: Merlot and Syrah in the first ten days of September, while Aglianico del Vulture in the first ten days of October.
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
The vinificationof Finocchiaro Rosso IGT Basilicata takes place through pressing and destemming with a small destemmer and fermentation on the skins for about 18 days in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (26 ° C).
Aging: 3 months in 225 liter French oak barrels. Bottling and subsequent aging for 6 months in the bottle.
The organoleptic test shows an intense red color with violet reflections, aromas with notes of red berry fruit and spices, with a strong and velvety, intense and spicy taste.
To be combined with first courses with game-based sauces, medium-aged cheeses and red meats. The serving temperature is 16-18 ° C.
- Colore: Rosso intenso con riflessi violacei.
- Abbinamenti: First courses with game-based sauces,medium-aged cheeses and red meats.
- Taste: S trong and velvety, intense and spicy taste.
- Bouquet: N otes of red berry fruit and spices.