TOPPO di ViOLA
Linking a wine to a vineyard is very important because it will represent that special part of the territory where the grapes were produced. Collectible vineyards was born with six different vineyards, and as many wines with great personality. Toppo di Viola represents the excellence of Aglianico del Vulture, a lively garnet red with intense violet reflections, a complex and enveloping bouquet, soft and persistent on the palate.
The name “Toppo di Viola” originates from the vineyard of the same name from which this wine is produced, located in the municipality of Venosa, on the slopes of Monte Vulture.
- Type of wine: Aglianico del Vulture D.O.C.
- Vines: Aglianico del Vulture 100%
- Exposure and elevation: East-West – 450m a.s.l.
- Soil type: Volcanic, rich in magnesium and potassium
- Training system: Guyot
- Surface of the vineyard: 7 Ha
- Vines density: 5200 plants / ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 40 q.li
- Harvest period: Last week of October, beginning of November
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 14%
- Service temperature: 16-18°C
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
The vinification of Toppo di Viola Aglianico del VultureD.O.C. takes place through pressing and destemming with a small destemmer and fermentation on the skins for about 18 days in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (26 ° C).
Aging: 12 months in small wooden vats of about 30 hl. Bottling and subsequent aging for 12 months in the bottle.
The organoleptic test presents a lively garnet red color with intense violet reflections, a complex, ample and enveloping aroma with spicy notes of vanilla, licorice and sweet tobacco in perfect harmony with notes of forest fruit jam.
Extremely balanced in the tannic structure, it is soft, warm, velvety and persistent on the palate.
To be combined with first courses and meat-based sauces and aged cheeses. Ideal with roast lamb. The serving temperature of Toppo di Viola is 16-18 ° C.
- Color: Lively garnet red with intense violet reflections.
- Pairings: First courses and meat-based sauces, red meats and aged cheeses.
- Taste: Extremely balanced in the tannic structure, it is soft, warm, velvety and persistent on the palate.
- Aroma: Complex, broad and enveloping on the nose with spicy notes of vanilla, licorice and sweet tobacco in perfect harmony with notes of wild berry jam.