Labellum is obtained from the processing of white Chardonnay grapes from our vines grown on the clayey soils of Monte Vulture located in southern Italy. through soft pressing, static decantation of the must and fermentation at a controlled temperature (15-17 C) we obtain a delicate and fruity flavor.
Labellum was the medieval name of Lavello and was chosen for the entire line of products that represents the entire territory of the Vulture.
- Type of wine: Chardonnay I.G.P. Basilicata
- Grapes: Chardonnay 100%
- Exposure and altitude: East-South East 320mt s.l.m
- Soil type: Calcareous / Volcanic
- Training system: Guyot
- Surface of the vineyard: 5 ha
- Screw density: 5681 piante/ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 100 q.li
- Harvest period: Last ten days of August
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 12,5 %
- Serving temperature: 8-10 ° C
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
The vinification of Labellum Chardonnay takes place through pressing and destemming with a small destemmer and subsequent static decantation and fermentation in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (20 ° C).
Bottling and subsequent refinement for 3 months in the bottle.
The organoleptic test has a straw yellow color, an intense, ample and delicately fruity floral bouquet, with a pleasantly harmonious taste and rare elegance, with a high level of minerality.
To be combined with aperitifs, cheeses of various ages, fish and shellfish, risottos. The serving temperature is 8-10 C °.
- Color: Bright Golden Yellow.
- Pairings: Crustaceans, first courses based on vegetables and white meats.
- Taste: Elegant and enveloping, marked minerality and persistence.
- Bouquet: Notes of ripe banana, pineapple and mulberry on the nose.