Wrapped in the characteristic smells of fruit jam, curly notes of undergrowth and small red fruits with a hint of pepper and spices. In the mouth it is a very structured wine, powerful but very balanced despite its high alcohol content.
The name chosen for this wine derives from the ancient Greek Lenòs which means harvest. It is reported by the Greek poet Theocritus in idyll VII, 25: “lenon epi troskeis”: go quickly to the harvest. The term Lenee derives from Lenòs, celebrations in honor of the God Dionysus in which there were rites related to the pouring of wine.
- Type of wine: Primitivo I.G.T. Basilicata
- Grapes: Primitivo 100%
- Exposure and elevation:East-West 450m a.s.l.
- Soil type: Clayey / Volcanic
- Training system: Guyot
- Vines density: 6250 plants / ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 110 q.li
- Harvest period: First ten days of October
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Service temperature: 18°C
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
From the “Labellum Collection”, this wine is vinified by pressing and destemming with a small destemmer and fermentation on the skins for about 12 days in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (26 ° C).
Refinement: Bottling and subsequent aging for 6 months in the bottle.
Intense red color with garnet reflections, with notes of red berry fruit and vanilla. On the palate it is warm, gradually soft and harmonious, with a good structure and persistence.
To be combined with first courses and meat-based sauces, aged cheeses and cured meats. Ideal with roast lamb. The serving temperature is 16-18 ° C.
- Color: Intense red with garnet reflections.
- Pairings: First courses with meat-based sauces and aged cheeses.
- Taste: Warm with balanced tannins and pleasant hints of fruit.
- Profumo: Curly notes of undergrowth and small red berries and vanilla.