Aglianico del Vulture DOC is characterized by a beautiful ruby red color with garnet reflections. Its intense and harmonious scent becomes more pronounced with age. On the palate this wine has a warm, fruity and dry flavour, overall very harmonious and velvety.
The name Labellum comes from the Latin “labrum” which means vat. The town of Lavello was formerly called “Labellum” and originated from the Daunian-Roman agglomeration of Forentum.
- Type of wine: Aglianico del Vulture D.O.C.
- Grapes: Aglianico del Vulture 100%
- Exposure and altitude: North-South 380 meters above sea level
- Soil type: Volcanic, rich in magnesium and potassium
- Training system: Guyot
- Vines density: 5680 plants / ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 90 q.li
- Harvest period: Third decade of October
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 13,5 %
- Service temperature: 16-18°C
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
From the “Labellum Collection“, this wine is vinified by pressing and destemming with a small destemmer and fermentation on the skins for about 12 days in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (26 ° C).
Aging: 4 months in small oak barrels of about 225 liters. Bottling and subsequent aging for 6 months in the bottle.
The organoleptic test has an intense ruby red color, a scent with notes of red berry fruit with delicate hints of spices typical of the grape, with a savory, harmonious and intense taste.
To be combined with first courses and meat-based sauces, aged cheeses and cured meats. Ideal with roast lamb. The serving temperature is 16-18 ° C.
- Color: Rosso Rubino Intenso.
- Abbinamenti: Primi con sughi a base di carne, carni rosse, selvaggina e formaggi stagionati
- Taste: Elegant and dry, with a perfect balance between tannins and structure.
- Bouquet: Notes of red fruit and delicate hints of spices typical of Aglianico.