Linking a wine to a vineyard is very important because it will represent that special part of the territory where the grapes were produced. Collectible vineyards was born with six different vineyards, and as many wines with great personality. Portarino, a fantastic Malvasia, with a straw yellow color with golden reflections, a bouquet with fruity and floral notes, an elegant palate with a pleasant balsamic aftertaste.
- Type of wine: White IGP Basilicata
- Grapes: Malvasia 100%
- Exposure and altitude: North-South 250m a.s.l.
- Soil type: Medium texture
- Training system: Guyot
- Surface of the vineyard: 2 ha
- Vine density: 3300 plants / ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 110 q.li
- Harvest period: Last ten days of September
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 13,0 %
- Service temperature: 8-12°C
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
The Portarinovinification takes place through crushing and destemming with a small destemmer and subsequent static decantation and fermentation in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (20 ° C).
Portarinorefines on noble lees with daily bâtonnage for about 2 months. Bottling and subsequent aging for 6 months in the bottle.
The organoleptic test has a straw yellow color with golden reflections, with a fruity scent where light spicy hints are combined with floral notes. On the palate of rare elegance and marked minerality, with a pleasant balsamic aftertaste.
To be combined with aperitifs, cheeses of various ages, fish and shellfish. The serving temperature is 8-10 C°.
- Color: Straw yellow.
- Pairings: Aperitifs, white meats and fish.
- Taste: Fresh, mineral and round.
- Bouquet: Floral with notes of green apple and pear, rich in primary aromas.