Only the epigraph mentioning “Forentum” comes from Lavello, found in the Gravetta area. It is the same classical authors Horace and Pliny who identify Lavello with the ancient Forentum. This wine wants to be a gift to the fertility of our lands.
This wine wants to be a gift to the fertility of our lands. Obtained from the grapes of the nativeAglianico del Vulture vine, Forentum expresses the strength of our vineyards located on the slopes of the “Monte Vulture” volcano in the territory of Lavello, the “city of wine” and fertile agricultural town of Basilicata.
- Type of wine: Aglianico del Vulture D.O.C.
- Grapes: 100% Aglianico
- Exposure and altitude: East-West 400m a.s.l.
- Soil type: Predominantly volcanic, rich in magnesium and potassium
- Training system: Guyot
- Vines density: 5680 plants / ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 70 q.li
- Harvest period: End of October, beginning of November
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 14%
- Service temperature: 16-18°C
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
After 18 days of maceration on the skins at a controlled temperature, the wine ages 12 months in 225 liter French oak barrels. and completes the aging process in the bottle for at least 10 months.
Forentum DOC shows a lively ruby red color with garnet reflections, a perfume with toasted notes and fruit in spirit, an elegant aroma with typical hints of spices; on the palate it expresses all its personality and structure, with a great balance between tannins and softness.
- Color: Lively ruby red.
- Pairings: First courses with meat-based sauces, red meats, lamb meat, aged cheeses, pecorino and podolic caciocavallo.
- Taste: Dry, savory and harmonious.
- Bouquet: Fragrant and vinous, with hints of strawberries and raspberry.