Linking a wine to a vineyard is very important because it will represent that special part of the territory where the grapes were produced. Collectible vineyards was born with six different vineyards, and as many wines with great personality. Foragine, Basilicata Rosso with Aglianico and Merlot grapes, with an intense red color, with hints of red berry fruit and a spicy and refined taste.
The name “Foragine” originates from the vineyard of the same name from which this wine is produced, located in the municipality of Lavello, in the Monte Vulture area.
- Type of wine: Rosso IGT Basilicata
- Vines: Merlot 70% – Aglianico del Vulture 30%
- Exposure and altitude: South-East – 350m a.s.l.
- Soil type: Medium texture, tending to calcareous, rich in iron and calcium.
- Training system: Guyot
- Surface of the vineyard: 4 Ha
- Vines density: 5600 plants/ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 90 q.li
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 13,5%
- Service temperature: 16-18°C
- Harvest period: Merlot in the first ten days of September, while Aglianico del Vulture in the first ten days of October.
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
The vinificationof the Foragine Rosso IGT Basilicata takes place through pressing and destemming with a small destemmer and fermentation on the skins for about 15 days in stainless steel tanks at a controlled temperature (26 ° C).
Aging: 3 months in 225 liter French oak barriques. Bottling and subsequent aging for 6 months in the bottle.
The organoleptic test presents an intense red color with violet reflections, notes of red berry fruit on the nose and in the mouth it is decisive and velvety, spicy and refined.
To be paired with First courses with game-based sauces, medium-aged cheeses and red meats. The serving temperature is 16-18 ° C.
- Color: Intense red with violet reflections.
- Pairings: First courses with game-based sauces, medium-aged cheeses and red meats.
- Taste: Extremely balanced in the tannic structure, decisive and velvety, spicy and refined.
- Bouquet: Complex, full and enveloping on the nose with notes of red berry fruit.