Foragine is an ancient district of the town of Lavello where, given the scarce availability of land for small farmers, vineyards and olive groves were cultivated on the same plot, in association. From here Vitis in Vulture decided to combine the native grape, Aglianico del Vulture, present in this area, with an international grape, Merlot, producing a fabulous red wine.
- Type of wine: Rosso I.G.T. Basilicata
- Grapes: 50% Aglianico del Vulture – 50% Merlot
- Exposure and altitude: South-East – 350m a.s.l.
- Soil type: Medium texture, tending to calcareous, rich in iron and calcium.
- Training system: Guyot
- Surface of the vineyard: 45 Ha
- Screw density: 5681 piante/ha
- Grape yield per hectare: 90 q.li
- Bottle capacity: 750 ml
- Alcohol: 13,5%
- Service temperature: 16-18°C
- Harvest period: Merlot in the first ten days of September, while Aglianico del Vulture in the first ten days of October.
CHARACTERISTICS AND PAIRINGS
The vinificationofForagine Rosso IGT Basilicatatakes place through pressing and destemming with a small destemmer and fermentation on the skins for about 15 days in stainless steel tanks at acontrolled temperature (26 ° C).
Aging: 3 months in 225 liter French oak barriques. Bottling and subsequent aging for 6 months in the bottle.
The organoleptic test has an intense red color with violet reflections, notes of red berry fruit on the nose and in the mouth it is decisive and velvety, spicy and refined.
To be paired with First courses with game-based sauces, medium-aged cheeses and red meats. The serving temperature is 16-18 ° C.
- Color: Intense red with violet reflections.
- Pairings: First courses with game-based sauces, medium-aged cheeses and red meats.
- Taste: Extremely balanced in the tannic structure, decisive and velvety, spicy and refined.
- Bouquet: Complex, broad and enveloping on the nose with notes of red berry fruit.